• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OR fab quater panel armor

dcampbell98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
iv been interested in purchasing these for my xj since i do alot of tight trails. On quadratec the armor with the tube is listed only for 84-96 years. Was there any changes between the years to this area? would it work on my heep since i have a 98? from what i see there does not seem to be a difference but would like input before i decide to pull the trigger. Thanks for any input

You have a link to the specific item? Only thing I can think is that since they changed the design of the lights they may stick out slightly more on the 97-up?

OrFabs website says that they fit all years but then quadratec says differently. I was just wondering if anyone runs these on a later model and if there is any changes or differences

IIRC, that part of the body did not change so should work fine.

I was just researching this the other day. From the sounds of it the only real difference is the corner of the tail light and the tail light itself.

As you can see at the bottom of this link, its most defiantly been done before, just doesn't cover 100% of the tail light in a 97+ setup.

I have them on my 2000. They fit. Passenger side is easy to install but driver side kinda sucks with all the reiforcing near the gas tank fill neck. I have the ones with the bars under the windows. I had it leaned pretty good against a tree that otherwise would have broken a window.

Thanks for the replies thats the kind of info i was looking for. I do some pretty tight trails where i have to fold the mirrors in to keep from hitting on trees and figured id rather get the armor before anything happens.

Back