• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine mount

nipper

NAXJA Forum User
on the passenger side (US) engine mount bracket there are 2 bolts and one spline drive bolt. is this one necesary as I had to chisel the old one off?, Would the engine mount hit this if I replaced it with an ordinary bolt?

I think it should be fine, it's actually a Torx head.

IIRC a lot of aftermarket engine mount bracket kits come with all hex heads including the one for that position.

on the passenger side (US) engine mount bracket there are 2 bolts and one spline drive bolt. is this one necesary as I had to chisel the old one off?, Would the engine mount hit this if I replaced it with an ordinary bolt?
Many of the body mounted bolts corrode badly and break off when replacing the mounts. I finally went to MORE mounts after replacing factory mounts twice. The answer is no you won't have any problem putting a higrade bolt in there. You can even go one size bigger if you would like just knock out the old one and put in your new one just don't go to much longer than the original!

Thanks for that, getting parts in the UK is a nightmare, and there aren't many in breakers yards locally.Nut and Bolt suppliers only supply metric or unf so it's as well I got 2 Cherokees and a spare engine for parts thanks again

No worries! Wow you are smack in the middle of the UK! I've been to London, Kensington to be exact. Stayed in Canterbury for a couple days then the chunnel to Paris. Had a great time, London is awesome, good Reggae clubs and great Pubs. Had a Cider that was half the size of a regular beer that knocked me on my ass! Good luck with the mount!

Back