• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5-Mile Spring 2013

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Photobucket is giving me fits so photos will have to be linked later.
Five rides went. We started on the east side with Crazy Kevin leading. He showed us all why that is what he is called on the trail. We got onto some ATV trails that led to some very narrow slots in a gully and a lot of trees that only had clearance for ATV's. Did Rattlesnake later, but Waynes was snow covered and just too slippery.
Carnage included a rear passenger door window (Bad Prostate) a roof light (KMBoren) a trashed track bar end, perhaps exhaust damage, a lost quick disconnect for the front sway bar, a broken passenger side mirror, and a lot of Rocky Mountain pin-striping. And some other stuff I probably forgot. All 5 vehicles made it back out under their own power.

I had a great time and hope everyone else did also. Who lost the mirror and track bar bushing and quick disconnect? Was a fun day and a chance to meet some new and old faces. I have some old teralfex quick disconnects if that person needs them they can have them.

Kevin,
I lost the quick disconnect and broke the right-side mirror. His Royal Highness is the one who said something about a track bar end being buggered up and the possible exhaust problem. With regard to the old Teraflex quick disconnects (approximately 5 inches long except for the threaded bolt at the top of the clevis) I would be interested in buying them from you. I have been breaking about one per year. PM me.

Was a great time! First time wheelin' in the snow lots more work... lolz.

I had Just some exhaust manifold to driveline contact, track bar to axle bolt needed a turn on it and a little steering suspension parts bending on the trail for me ;( grrr time to get past the OE setup with my 35's. Nice pics steve, and I had a great time running with yall.

Glad you all had fun. Sorry work got in the way of me joining you. :(

Carnage included... a lost quick disconnect for the front sway bar...

Coincidentally, after missing out on the fun Saturday, I went on a drive Sunday morning up the canyon from my house and lost one of the lower pins on my JKS disconnect. I may just put the stock link back in on that side and disconnect the other side only when I'm needing some extra flex.

Back