• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to me MJ and my first one!

SBpunk

NAXJA Forum User
Just picked up a new rig. Don't pay attention to the stickers. Its getting sanded down and hit with a light coat of liner in the next few days.

IMG_0243_zps9fde539b.jpg

IMG_0242_zps3fce82a8.jpg

IMG_0244_zps593ac1a2.jpg

Cleaned out the interior and the engine today. Got about halfway done before the wife started yelling.

IMG_0252_zps8a55e92a.jpg

IMG_0254_zps454567bf.jpg

IMG_0255_zps2e86b1a8.jpg

IMG_0245_zps34116598.jpg

Thats the pre engine clean

Alright got my floor boards done (will add pics later) and my seat finished. This was a pain. The bolts holding the seat to the floor came out so I had to run to the hardware store and get new ones for the 4 going into the frame. For the four others I grabbed some grade 8 big bolts I had laying around and did the inside with those. One of the damn bolts over the frame wouldnt come out so I ended up welding a nut to it and pulling it that way. Seats back in and its driveable again. After all that I pulled the front dif cover finally. The PO left about half the bolts loose when I bought it and I didnt notice it until I drove 20 miles back home. Still had plenty of grease in it though so should be alright.

Ordered 135amp alt and all the supplies (http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/zj-136a-alternator-into-4-0-renix-xj-109847/) new fuel injectors, CB radio / PA / dual 4' antenna and other misc crap for it.

Back