• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC delete pully for older (89) renix engine 4.0??

whatsleakingtoday

NAXJA Forum User
Looking to remove my complete ac system and I have not been able to find a replacement pulley for the ac pump like what is available for the newer motors (2 bolt in front, mines 4 two on each side). Thoughts?

I'm confused, got picture?

the new 4.0 has two bolts that hold the pulley that replaces the pump. the older one like my 89 has 4 bolts and I cannot find a pulley. And I wanna get that damn pump outa there. already have air.
Thanks!!!

I have one on my 89 and it is two long bolts just like on the a/c compressor. I'll try to get a pic later.

I have one on my 89 and it is two long bolts just like on the a/c compressor. I'll try to get a pic later.
That is what I see at the junkyards around here, two horizontal bolts that hold the bracket, that holds the pully. I have yet to find the HO bracket at the yards around here. It is the proverbial hen's tooth.

To the OP, if you have 4 vertical bolts holding the AC pump down, it is not from a RENIX Jeep.

An oem part. The parts stores can get the newer style ones from dorman/motormite.

You could just mount another Alt in its place. I did that and have two separate charging systems. I can also switch to the second now which is located higher than the water line incase the lower one gets fouled and dies on me.

You could just mount another Alt in its place. I did that and have two separate charging systems. I can also switch to the second now which is located higher than the water line incase the lower one gets fouled and dies on me.

That sounds interesting. But then I would want to get rid of the lower one.

I have no been able to find the bypass pulley for a pre 93 model.

Anybody got a bridgeport?:read:

I have the RENIX bracket, it has the pully, the pully needs a new bearing...

It's kinda tacky to be hawking goods outside of the classifieds, so I'll leave it at that.

Back