• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dodge injectors in Jeep intake, does this look right?

ev700401

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't expect them to look like this when installed. They are seated in the rail with clips and the rail is mounted to the spots on the intake, so I assume it must be right. The OEM injectors give the appearance of being fully inserted while the Dodge (703s) look like they need to go in further, but won't.

DSC04236_zps003d2d16.jpg

That's the second groove above the oring that is visible on the '92 intake and below the OEM injectors.

DSC04239_zpsecb90b73.jpg

DSC04237_zps4c5c44d5.jpg

The 703 injector outlet and below the OEM injector outlet.

DSC04240_zps61d8b9ef.jpg

This all looks normal to you guys for this swap?

Can't comment on the inside but that's what mine look like on the out... Honestly never even noticed the difference haha. Only thing I noticed was the new audible clicking sound coming from each.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I thought about trying to find an oring for that upper groove also. It is different size than the standard injector orings, but if nothing else an oring in the upper groove might help keep dirt and junk out of the injector hole. Anybody done that?

Back