• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Windshield Wiper and Flywheel Question

themauler

NAXJA Forum User
Most important question first. Does anyone happen to know the range of adaptability of 4.0 flywheels for the ax 15?

Scenario; I have 92 jeep xj that currently has aw4. In two months will be swapping in a 4x4 ax15 from a 97 xj. The clutch and pressure plate that I pulled out with it were all worn. Found a local craigslist ad and ended up buying a brand new pressure plate and clutch for an ax15. They look great. He also threw in his 4.0 flywheel that went with his ax15 for free. If my memory is right I believe it came out of his 93 YJ 4.0. Any chances that his flywheel will swap into my XJ and not give me CPS problems?

Second. My windshield wipers on my 92 xj are getting kind of "sloppy." When I have them on in the rain they wipe too far, the driver wiper almost goes off the driver side of the windshield, and when they return to the bottom they slap the trim of the windshield. Any way to maybe tighten them up? I usually apply rain x to keep the windshield wipers off but sometimes I get lazy.

TIA :party:

Nick

#1 I have no idea.

#2 Sounds like the plastic bushings are worn out. Should be able to get them at any auto parts store.

JIM.

Back