• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adapt it USA wheel adapter

Outlander560

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys in my extensive searching about the origins of d44s...i came across an article all about d44s (but it wasn't just any ordinary article). i already know about the 6 lug with the waggy 44s and you can convert them to 5x5.5..but in my reading i came across this link...

http://adaptitusa.com/5x450to6x550wheeladapter.aspx

that converts your 5x4.5 to 6x5.5 seams pretty simple and no drilling of my rear shafts or rotors (keeping my xj 44) so my question is has anyone used these? And when i say used i mean trail driven with rocks and beat on not just on the road...only downfall i can think of is the 2 inches of spacing that they give which kinda sucks :gag:

p.s couldnt find much about them when i searched...yes i did i think i know that about now with you guys

They work great for the Rear. I ran them for a few years, and sold mine to a friend who still runs them for his waggy 44 to get back to stock lug pattern.

however...they will not work to get a front waggy 44 to work with the 5X4.5 inch lug pattern because the hubs are too large to fit inside of the wheels.

I helped a friend install these on a TJ so he could run some bling 6 lug rims he got a smokin deal on. He drives his jeep on the street mostly, with some dirt roads and easy trails now and then. He hasn't had any problems with them, but I would not personally install them on my rig cause I'm paranoid like that. The main problem I had was that the six bolts that hold the outter piece to the inner piece simply thread into the aluminum inner section. I would have liked to see some kind of steel insert or simply have the inner piece be made from steel. They are "centric" in that the outter piece fits tightly over the inner piece like a hub-centric wheel, so you really shouldn't have any problems... but like I said, I'm paranoid about that kinda stuff.

When installing them, the wheel studs on the Jeep were slightly too long, say about an 1/8 inch, there was a small non-threaded part that stuck out that we had to trim off of each wheel stud. We had to also go to the parts store mid-install and get new open-end lug nuts to install the spacer/adapter with, because the factory Jeep closed end lug nuts were too long. We used liberal amounts of loc-tite on the wheel studs and the bolts that hold the two pieces of the adapter together, and followed the manufacturers torque specs and sequence to the T (the spacers came with some printed instructions). He's been driving it for a few months now without issues.

So, take that for what it's worth. I'm not sure how they would hold up to abuse, but they do what they advertise and seem to work for street driving for my friend.

I'm still running another set of adapt-it-usa adapters, and 2 other friends are running their 2 piece adapters.

they are all over 4 years old. weve broken dana 60 parts, bent leaf springs, even ripped the centers out of wheels. adapters are still as good as the day we bought them

I'm still running another set of adapt-it-usa adapters, and 2 other friends are running their 2 piece adapters.

they are all over 4 years old. weve broken dana 60 parts, bent leaf springs, even ripped the centers out of wheels. adapters are still as good as the day we bought them

interesting thanks for the info guys....Not Matt i agree im a little paranoid as well just seems meh especially since I going to beat the piss outta them

Back