• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thinking about buying an MJ

SBpunk

NAXJA Forum User
So I know almost nothing about MJ's except they have a truck bed and everything from the doors forward (not including the interior) match up with XJ (which I own and dont know much about). So excuse the dumb questions. Engine parts from a 89, if thats what year it actually is, like TB, injectors, intake, alternator etc etc are interchangeable correct?

Ok I'm not going to ask google questions like what to look for and avoid but if you guys could take a look at these crappy pics and let me know if you see anything I need to take a closer look at when I get there tomorrow I would appreciate it. I know rust in the inner fenders, under carpet and truck bed edges are pretty common. Frame rot in Hawaii is always possible.

lets see if this works

image_zps3ab45eb4.jpeg

image2_zps58575853.jpeg

image1_zps78b1c9bf.jpeg

Keep in mind he's asking 1000$ for it

Its 4x4 4.0 manual and supposedly a 89' but the guy didnt sound like he knew much about the truck. Its been sitting for awhile so hopefully it'll start up. Its a pain in the arse to get anything on base here so I'll probably pick it up tomorrow

what rear axle?

check for rot on rear wheel wells, cab corners/rockers, floor.

depending on the body, i would buy that for $1000

No clue on the axle... I'll post up more pics when I go check it out tonight. I dont have high hopes for only a grand.

Back