• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Roof Rack Question?

1SYCRYD

NAXJA Forum User
I have a chance to purchase a Roof Rack in very good condition for a great price but have a quick question. I am a noob at this stuff so if this a a stupid question then here is a pre "sorry" for you all. The Rack is on a 93-98 Jeep ZJ.. Will this attach to a 97 XJ roof? I am asking because I am sure someone on here has tried it or done it and knows the answer.. Thanks for any help, the owner wants me to buy it today but I need input from you all first.

3E73Lf3Fe5Ka5Fe5Hcd3e7739c0b7fef61e39.jpg

I don't know if the brackets that are on there will fit an XJ... I have a similar rack on mine and it uses rain gutter brackets. I know the kind of brackets shown on that ZJ wouldn't work on my '91, but I don't know if newer XJ's like your '97 might use that kind? I'm sure someone else can chime in on that.

If they won't work you could always buy the rack and just get the right brackets separately. That looks like a Surco rack & they sell all that stuff individually. You'd just want to check and see if doing so would still be cost effective.

Last edited:
Back