• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring problem.

Gnarlyrider27

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I been cleaning up the wiring on my jeep because the last owner didn't really care what the wiring looking like. Well there was wiring for an amp and the power wire was just laid out on the floor. Well I pulled the panels off the drive side and ran it that way for a clean look. Well After I got the panels back into place I started to smell hot wires so I disconnected my battery and the positive cable was warm. Didn't run the jeep at all or anything. But before I disconnected the battery I turned the key on and nothing at all. The only wire I touched was the power wire for the amp and I checked all of that stuff to make sure everything was good and hooked up right. and everything was fine a few mins before I started to button everything up. Had all my lights and everything.

Ok ya I pulled the panels back off and the last screw wouldn't move and after a few mins I got it off and the power wire to the amp had a screw thru it. Looks like I get to run new power wire and all that. Just hope I caught it before it did any damage to the main wiring.

Back