• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird noise emanating from rear of jeep

TheVision89

NAXJA Forum User
I was driving from Tallahassee to West Palm Beach the other day and a bag of trash flew out of the back of a truck in front of me and the right side of my jeep ran it over. I drove normal for about 2 hours until I had to refuel., upon accelerating after refueling I heard a loud bang and knock sound coming from what I heard is the rear passenger wheel well, and after attaining highway speeds again It went away and I drove all the way home. The knock and bang went away, but now it sounds like this when I accelerate. I've checked my driveshaft and there is no play and I did a look under and everything seems normal . I have a 98 cherokee on 3" of lift (full packs, no spacers) and old man emu shocks.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this noise. It make it sound like I'm in a lamborghini when I drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k41PlrNGdZE

haha you predicted it. My axle went out today, all it does it clunk.

I guess my gears are broken?Would it be easier to swap gears from an axle or swap an entire dana 35 my friend has lying around?

haha you predicted it. My axle went out today, all it does it clunk.

I guess my gears are broken?Would it be easier to swap gears from an axle or swap an entire dana 35 my friend has lying around?
Easier to swap entire rear, but I would upgrade to a 8.25. Unless you need ABS.

Back