• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring help please

dbcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I'm trying to figure which wires should be hot when the door is open for the dome light. PO cut the loom off at the door Jam pass side. iv found one set out of the 12 that is always hot. and one set that comes on with head lights.

nothing gets power that I can tell with door open... if you have a diagram or know which colors should hd hot it's much appreciated!!!

it's a 1990 4.0 thanks!

I guess I would try to see the wires coming from the door switch itself. Likely hood is that when the door is opened the switch completes the ground or negative circuit. Now looking at my dome light, I would assume if one of those colors matched either of the two at the door switch that would be the ground line.

Like you said though the odds of tings going direct are rather poor and the wiring diagram will save SO much time. I believe the fsm for your jeep year is only about a $9 download...

The wires involved in the dome lights on Chryslers (including every jeep I've ever worked on) are black, yellow, and pink. Pink is constant hot, black is ground, yellow is switched ground. They use switched ground so that each switch can have only one wire going to it - the switches ground through the doorframe they are screwed into. Black is used so you can push a button to force the light on.

I can snap a picture of the wires. I have pink, blue, few blacks, orange, and yellow... few others also. I found that pink is my switched hot and comes on with the doors, but non of the others seem to have power.

you mean yellow doesn't need a ground?

Back