• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Newbie needs help

Jerry.Allen

XJ newbie
New to NAXJA and I need some help! I have a 99 XJ and I am having issues with my brake lights. I changed the fuse and that didn't work, any suggestions???

My XJ has 7inch Rubicon Express short arm lift with drop brackets, warn hubs, and 8500 warn winch, Dana 44 with 4.56 gears with detroit locker, Front Dana 30 with ARB air locker, AGR type steering box,JKS quick disconnects and lower control arm, on board air with 3 compressors and 2 5gal air tanks on roof rack,
I will post pics soon.

This is m first rig!! And I plan on being a JEEP guy for life!!!!!!

Have you used a test light to see if your getting power to the light sockets? If you are its a bad bulb or bad ground. If not its gonna be brake light switch, fuse or wiring.

Signals / running lights work. Swapped fuse and everything else on that fuse (ac, etc) worked..

Do any of the brake lights work? What about the running lights and turn signals.?

This may sound silly, But step on brake and wiggle blinker arm left and right like turning on blinker. Had a friend that couldn't get his to work an hit his arm by mistake and then they flashed for a second.
He had a bad blinker switch, replaced it and brake lights have worked sense. Like the other have also said test for power in and out of brake switch first.

Welcome Jerry.

This is being moved to OEM tech so you can get help in there.

Got it fixed, ended up being some broken wires in the rear hatch hinge area. Got an electrical shop out here to fix for cheap!!!!

Thanks for all the advice

Got it fixed, ended up being some broken wires in the rear hatch hinge area. Got an electrical shop out here to fix for cheap!!!!

Thanks for all the advice

Sweet !!
And welcome to the Club The Events are a blast , Hopefully well see you at one !

Back