• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member but not new to Jeeps - First XJ - PICS

inv3ctiv3

NAXJA Forum User
I also posted this in the non-tech section but realized it'd be better here:

Just sold my 1988 Land Cruiser and picked up this 2001 Cherokee Sport 4x4! I'll miss the FJ62 for sure but it had 240k miles and got 10MPG which just wasn't working for me.

It has 132,000 miles on it and is in great condition, bought it from an older lady who doesn't drive anymore. Funny thing is when I went to test drive I went to roll down all the windows and the rear passenger side window rolled down slowly then wouldn't roll back up.....I've read the switches go bad on these? What should I check for or replace? I was able to slowly inch the window almost all the way back up throughout the day but it's still down about 2". Also the first thing I did was get rid of the crappy OEM stereo and put in a JVC USB receiver I've had in other cars and love but the front speakers don't work....

I'm looking for recommendations from you guys on things I need to check and replace at this mileage. It also needs new tires, I am open to going bigger as I will be doing a bit of offroading but I live on a ranch where we have lemon orchards which have big thorns so most importantly looking for tough tires with thick plys. Any necessary mods for light offroading I should do?

Well my plan right now is:

OME 2" Lift (do I need a transfer case lowering kit?)
Crager Rims (this is a maybe, do you think I need wider wheels?)
Some 30" or 31" Tires (I want to preserve my MPG as much as possible)
Auto Locker in the front
Heavy Duty Radiator
Tranny Cooler (These are necessary in Land Cruisers and I know Jeeps have tranny problems, do any of you run an aux in line tranny cooler?)

I think that will make a pretty decent rig that I can still DD, what do you guys think, should I look into anything else? I also want to remove my door trim and paint my bumper ends black since they're faded. :worship:

Anyway here are some pics:

8543885984_4702370776_z.jpg

8543898520_62beb497e4_b.jpg

8542799479_f986991bbb_b.jpg

8542800193_154503f17f_b.jpg

8542800921_f755f9819b_b.jpg

XX22 Welcome looks just like my son's! It had sun fade on the trim so I painted the side molding trim and bumper ends with black plastic paint from home depot and sealed it with Matte finish clear 2 years ago and the trim still looks new. I know why? Run it! It's a 2x4 not a 4x4 so it will stay stock!!

Welcome!

Our 00-01's have a problem with vapor lock when ya run em tough. Look up "heat soak" You'll experiance a misfire on three after engine shutdown if ya don't let it cool off before restarting.

Wrap the fuel rail with some exhaust wrap and cool tape and get yerself some nice hood
vents to alleviate this issue.

Look into "0331 head" and see if ya still got yours (if you remove your vavle cover its etche into the head) cuz that's a bad one.

Oh and go ahead and box up your center caps and send them to me an ill send you my painted black ones :)

Back