• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires

oldscool

NAXJA Forum User
looking for new tires in 35 1250 15s, like the goodyears mtr, i have those on my chrokee in 33s, what do you guys like, have lockers and 4.56gears do not drive it on the road much its not my dd. thanks for the help.

What kinda terrain do you run? I am south east and I run rock, wet rock, and occasionally some slick mud covered rock. My km2s have always been decent but I'm gonna try either Goodyear MTRs or Mickey Thompson mtzs for my next tire. Heard good about both

I just put a brand new set of 35" Goodyear MT/Rs on mine. Replaced a set of really old MT/Rs that had become hard as rocks. The difference is unbelievable on the street (haven't taken them offroad yet). MUCH smoother and quieter even at higher pressure. My XJ rides like a Cadillac now!

More later, after I've gotten them dirty.

I love my KM2s, they have faired well in the dirt/mud and slick/muddy/rock I wheel in. That being said I have a couple of friends with the MTRw/Kevlar and they are a better tire in the rock for sure, they stick like glue. One other tire not yet mentioned is the Toyo OpenCountry MT..another great offroad tire, also awesome in the rock. This is my 3rd set between 3 Jeeps of the KM2s, but I think when I upgrade in size I will switch to the MTR. I guess it all depends on what kind of wheeling you plan on doing.

Back