• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!! cant get the tcase in 4 low

krummwise

NAXJA Forum User
I started my 6.5 inch longarm kit and installed my sye. it shifted before I had the crossmember installed. then I install it and put the front end together again, now it wont shift into 4 low. 97xj i6 231j

I dont even know where to start

After installing lift it's pretty common for the t-case linkage to have to be readjusted. There's nut under the jeep that pinches a long round rod, loosen the bolt & push the shifter all the forward & retighten it .This technique usually works but you may need to mess with it a bit to get it perfect.

I had the same problem with my t-case just losen the adjuster bolt on your linkage and use a small hammer to gently tap the leaver (the one directly on your t-case) to get it into 4 low, then tighten your adjuster bolt and all should be well. did this to mine and it shifts better than it ever has before.

Back