• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front upper control arm problem on my 94 XJ???

LBCJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
What started as simply replacing the bushings on my 1994 XJ CCountry 4x4 quickly turned into a much larger project, as do most repairs. I was just looking for some advice from anyone that may have experienced this problem and found a legit solid solution, if there is one. Basically upon removing the drivers side front upper control arm top mounting bolt and pulling the the arm out the entire mounting braket seperated from the uni-body and came out with the control arm. Thus explaining to me the harshness of the front suspension and loud clunk noise that came from that area especially going over speed bumps! Anyways if there is anyone out there thats delt with this issue and can offer any solution ideas let me know. -Thanks

Long arms if lifted. Or, if you can find a good enough deal CA drop brackets will work too.

I suggest switching to a good long arm setup if you can afford it, like has been said. There are companies offering replacement frame side upper control arm mounts but for the effort and cost it would make more sense to make the switch to long arms. You will have a much better ride too.

Look more at why it came off. Did the welds/metal just crack and the bracket seperated? Or is the jeep so rusty that it just fell off? If its rust, you gotta ask yourself how much you like the jeep because I would cut my losses and start looking for another jeep/shell. If it just broke off, you can weld it back on or like others said, now would be the perfect time/excuse for a long arm setup.

Look more at why it came off. Did the welds/metal just crack and the bracket seperated? Or is the jeep so rusty that it just fell off? If its rust, you gotta ask yourself how much you like the jeep because I would cut my losses and start looking for another jeep/shell. If it just broke off, you can weld it back on or like others said, now would be the perfect time/excuse for a long arm setup.
x2

Back