• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is it July yet?

NAXJA Forum User
We're ready!

sjeep.jpg

sjeep2.jpg

Man I thought we were ready! LOL...the dodge (tow rig) started leaking fuel yesterday and when I went to crank up the MJ it wouldn't start! (dead batt hopefully). On top of all that I've been begging for rain forever now and of course it picks today to rain so now I will have to put the top on the CJ5 to be able to go anywhere.

Am I spoiled or what!!

Man I thought we were ready! LOL...the dodge (tow rig) started leaking fuel yesterday and when I went to crank up the MJ it wouldn't start! (dead batt hopefully). On top of all that I've been begging for rain forever now and of course it picks today to rain so now I will have to put the top on the CJ5 to be able to go anywhere.

Am I spoiled or what!!

i have a shop yard full of cherokees....one of them moves, and it's mark's (high2by)

not ready for anything right now

Fuel has stopped leaking.

The MJ not only had a dead battery but squirrels did some wiring damage under the hood as well..all fixed now and she's running again.

But now my kids are telling me there isn't room for the MJ on the trailer.

dscf1670.jpg

Is it July yet?

Dammit not fast enough...or is it too close now? LOL...lots accomplished...still some things to do.

Should have the bed cage welded up this weekend. MJ is virtually done at that point...well never done...but ready.

Dodge is pretty much ready to go...just need a CB in it (and the MJ...see...never done). May look into front wheel bearings and lower ball joints but maybe not.

Trailer just needs decking bolted back down and the tag bolted on...and I need to configure some sort of ramps without having to spend $150+ to have a set built.

Basically ready to go...probably 1 good weekend's worth of work.

IT IS JULY YET!!!!!

Dammit not fast enough...or is it too close now? LOL...lots accomplished...still some things to do.

Should have the bed cage welded up this weekend. MJ is virtually done at that point...well never done...but ready.

Dodge is pretty much ready to go...just need a CB in it (and the MJ...see...never done). May look into front wheel bearings and lower ball joints but maybe not.

Trailer just needs decking bolted back down and the tag bolted on...and I need to configure some sort of ramps without having to spend $150+ to have a set built.

Basically ready to go...probably 1 good weekend's worth of work.

IT IS JULY YET!!!!!

What kind of ramps? Like 2" angle 6' long?

4' long would do it...hell 3' would do it. Trailer is dovetailed and I don't see putting anything real low slung on it any time soon...Tracy's liberty is the lowest vehicle we own.

It's an older skid steer trailer...had BIG ramps attached to the rear that folded up but they were falling apart and way too heavy (182#...I scrapped them).

I think I will end up getting a set of the oil change ramps from the parts store...the MJ should be able to climb on the trailer with those on the ground.

4' long would do it...hell 3' would do it. Trailer is dovetailed and I don't see putting anything real low slung on it any time soon...Tracy's liberty is the lowest vehicle we own.

It's an older skid steer trailer...had BIG ramps attached to the rear that folded up but they were falling apart and way too heavy (182#...I scrapped them).

I think I will end up getting a set of the oil change ramps from the parts store...the MJ should be able to climb on the trailer with those on the ground.

OK Cnick got my old trailer with the old ramps and I forgot to ask him if he wanted these. If he does he might part with the old ones. Or I would part with these if he does not plan to get them.

Sweet. Either way I appreciate it.

Worst case is I use Carmine's ramps to get the MJ on the trailer...hell it may be able to get up on it's own if I'm careful.

Sweet. Either way I appreciate it.

Worst case is I use Carmine's ramps to get the MJ on the trailer...hell it may be able to get up on it's own if I'm careful.

I load and unload with out ramps bc I'm lazy. Be careful though. Ask cnick about that! LOL!

I load and unload with out ramps bc I'm lazy. Be careful though. Ask cnick about that! LOL!

Yeah best to use the ramps unless you have 68" tires like Ghost. Cutting a sidewall before you even get on the trail is a real bummer. Good friends with spares can really make your day though (Thanks Doug!).

Good friends with spares can really make your day though (Thanks Doug!).

keep me fed and liquored and all kinds of parts start coming out....let me know when your ecm goes out, i have a manual computer that could bought with a good prime rib

keep me fed and liquored and all kinds of parts start coming out....let me know when your ecm goes out, i have a manual computer that could bought with a good prime rib

Couple more of those Ford stater relay fires and he might be looking at a new ECM.... :D

Back