• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiators

Missiletech

NAXJA Forum User
Looks like the brass copper 2-core sold at most auto stores and online as 436020 is going to join the single core aluminum core plastic tank models.

"Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
436020 Radiator

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Cole) 03/04/2013 01:11 PM
Steven,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the confusion and frustration this may have caused. The PN# 436020 radiator available has a plastic tank and aluminum core, as listed on the web page. We have confirmed with the manufacturers we carry, that it is not available with a metal tank. The PN# 436020 also has only 1 row. The manufacturer explained that they have updated and improved the engineering of the original equipment design. Therefore, the 1 row either meets or exceeds the original equipment 2 row design specifications. We are taking the necessary steps to correct this immediately, as well as PN# 432335. Thanks again for notifying us of the error.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to serving your future automotive needs.

Sincerely,

Cole
Online Customer Service

Customer By Web Form (Steven Werner) 03/03/2013 09:45 PM
I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 that I need a new radiator for. I want to get the radiator I've seen advertised under part#436020 as an all metal, 2 row brass construction radiator from Vista-Pro (whom the live chat informed me was the supplier of the radiator).

When I went into O'Reillys, the radiator that was listed for a Cherokee was pulled under that PN and was NOT the right dimensions NOR materials.

I did some more research and came in again. This time they reserved PN#432335 (Aluminum 1 row with PLASTIC tanks) for me and also ordered in two more of the 436020 from 2 different stores. After that is when I talked to customer service and they told me that was probably an issue and the store would have to contact the manufacturer... on Monday since it was now Friday evening.

Third time, I come in to see the radiators and now the 436020 was the right dimensions but it was an aluminum plastic one row just like 432335. So now... there were two IDENTICAL parts with 2 different prices: 432355 $106 and 436020 $199. And to boot, the database at the store now reflected the first WRONG radiator that was in the box on day one which was not the ones in the store.

Can you please help me find the correct 2-Row, Brass/Copper (NO PLASTIC) Radiator with Auto Tranny cooler listed as 436020?

Again I have a 96 Jeep Cherokee (XJ) 4.0/I-6 with an Auto Transmission.

I in no way fault the staff as they were very patient given the poor info they were given and what appears to be mismatched parts, unless you intentionally sell the exact same part for 2 different prices. Customer service, EXCELLENT! Kitsap Way store in Bremerton, WA.

Database management and supply chain (or the mainufacturer) on this issue, POOR!

Thank you for your time.

Respectfully,
Steve Werner "

Yep, I posted about 3 years ago that they were all lying about the number of rows, claiming a 1 row was 2 rows and 2 rows was 3 rows was 3. CSF 3 row and 2 row are the only ones that are not lying about the number of actual rows IMHO.

It's super complicated and all corporate mumbo jumbo. I talked to O'Reillys and they said that they have an east and west coast supplier. They used Vistapro who made a legit 2 core all metal brass copper but aparently they're shifting over to the plastic aluminum crap because of "improvements". This is so jacked up that vista pro's customer service has no idea that's happening.

So if you go to Schucks Oreillys Kragen or whatever, they have 2 plastic radiators and one is $94 and the other is $200.... same exact thing different part number. Yay... :p

Nothing complicated about it at all, they simply lie and cheat any way they can for the almighty $$$$. Quite simple, the best lie gets the order and $$$s. No one cares about honesty anymore.

Back