• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Identifying Rear Leaf Springs?

SeeingSpots

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys,

The previous owner who installed the 7.5" long arm kit didn't appropriately modify the rear with the correct leaf springs. Now the rear sits several inches below the front. On top of looking like crap, it drives likes crap too.

20130303_123654_resized_zps313db8af.jpg

I'm not sure if the leafs sagged over time or what, but I was wondering if you guys knew of any way to identify them. I would imagine that the manufacturer would include markings somewhere. Before I tackle knocking down years of scale, I wanted to see if this is even plausible.

20130303_164704_resized_zpsa97fecfe.jpg

20130303_164653_resized_1_zps807f8140.jpg

Thanks,
Jim

Hey Jim..

Some place a part# in paint on the top side of the leaf, maybe clean it off and see if anything is present.

Hey Jim..

Some place a part# in paint on the top side of the leaf, maybe clean it off and see if anything is present.

Hey John,

Thanks for the help.

Learned something today: For anyone that has Rubicon Express leaf springs, the manufacturer and model # are stamped on the top leaf behind the front eye.

Turns out mine are 4.5" and will be for sale after they get sandblasted. :)

Jim

Back