• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pomona Swap Meet Deal of the day

Boss Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Just got back from the Pomona Swap Meet! While walking the endless roads of the meet, my eye caught a glimmer of sunshine reflexion of some gold anodized parts. At first I dismissed them until my brain shouted "Hey look again" and before I knew I was doing a Double take look! Having had to replace and build a replacement motor mount in October 2012 to run Big Bear with Garrett, I knew exactly what I was looking at. I had just the day before redone my pan hard bar and mounts replacing factory Ford Pan Hard bar and bushings. I made a new lower bracket which I raised 2-3"s and a new lowered upper bracket which was lowered about 2"s. Along with new 7/8" rod ends and 1 1/2'' dom filled with 1 1/4'' solid round stock, I replaced the mounting bolts. After mounting the bar and finishing the job I took notice of my passenger side motor mount. It too now looked in disarray. I planned on building another next week and out of nowhere came this glimmer of light. It was a set of M.O.R.E. heavy duty motor mounts. I asked the price and the guy said $6.00 EACH. Not knowing what the cost on the web site I said, "well I do not know if they will even work but I'll give you $6.00 for both". He said OK. I said see you later. Having discovered they run about $140.00 I feel it was the buy of the week!!! http://www.mountainoffroad.com/_e/J...BombProof_Motor_Mount_Kit_for_YJ_TJ_LJ_XJ.htm

$6.00 Even Subways sandwiches end up costing you over $6.00 after a Coke and chips!

Tell me about it! My dad and I went a couple times and found some pretty good stuff like a complete set of 5 goodyear36" military tired for $150 and a flow master muffler for $45

At the Leduc meet I got a pair of new deaver leafs and a gas tank skid for $140, then I sold the skid for $80. So $60 for new deavers, cant beat that.

i went to the big 3, not much at all for 4x4 stuff. mostly hot rod parts. did score on some tools and whatnot though. i mainly went to unload crap.

Back