• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHAT SIZE/BRAND TRANNY MOUNTS?

whatsleakingtoday

NAXJA Forum User
Need new tranny mounts. guy at Qtec asked me if I wanted 2 or 3 inch ones?
its a 1989 limited xj. Also should I run stock or urathane?

Thanks everybody!
matt

Those are motor mounts. He asked about transmission mounts.

Never heard of different height mounts, but that could be sort of handy if you wanted to eliminate a transfer case drop. Assuming that your 89 XJ Limited is a 4.0l with an AW4 automatic, I'd run http://www.quadratec.com/products/56003_0025.htm I like rubber mounts, and don't see any reason to go poly .

NOT Anchor brand, whatever you do. Worst quality rubber I have ever seen, I didn't even put them in the jeep.

It is an 89 with 4.0 6cyl, 231 t case with no drop and SYE.
I got the idea to replace the mount when I sent a picture to the guy at Warn asking why my t case was so close to rubbing the darn skid plate.

Prob goina have to take mine out for a look, I don't know enough about this but I am wondering if the 3 inch will help bring it up or if it will make my drive line off again. maybe its just shot like most of the other rubber things on the old girl. I have poly motor mounts which do kind of suck for street driving.
Hasta

Those are motor mounts. He asked about transmission mounts.

Whoops, reading comprehension 101 failure for me right there.

I actually recommend Anchor mounts, if you can get the ones made in Korea. They have two suppliers, China and Korea. The Chinese ones have horrible rubber while the ones from Korea appear to be equivalent to OEM.

Interesting, I'll have to give them a second chance on the Korean ones. Mine I think were made in Malaysia or China.

I've ran the korean anchor mounts, there just as shitty as the chinesse one, as far as the diff sizes the 1.5"/2" mounts are fore 2000/2001 xj's and the 3" one is for 99 and older. Xj's

I'm not sure if Brown Dog makes tran mounts but their motor mounts are fkn awesome. If they do I would recommend them highly.

I did use an Anchor mount for the 1996 XJ I repaired. Absolutely no vibrations from it. Even if they are cheap they will still last long enough to justify their cost.

I have MORE Bomb Proof MMs(rubber), Ironman4x4fab adjustable FCAs and trackbar with poly, Daystar poly in the front axle uppers and the rear leaves. I tried the poly Daystar tranny mount for a few months and hated it.

I already have polly motor mounts. Should I go with stock or poly transmission mounts?
Goina order today. Also whats this business about 3 or 2 inch?
Thanks for all the replies.

Ok--believe it or not the difference in the transmission mount depends on the muffler hanger.

DCFC0445.jpg

DCFC0446.jpg

That is a Daystar 3" poly transmount in my 1990. Note the exhaust mount--that is a heavy plate attached to the AX15 where the muffler hanger is.

I run Brown Dog "natural rubber" engine mounts with the Daystar poly transmount--been that way for FIVE YEARS with zero problems. I DESPISE the sloppy feel that rubber transmission mounts contribute after a very short time.

Back