• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front discs - One wheel hangup

NOTNSUV

You Guys ROCK!
I went through the search for "brake rotars" and all the threads finding nothing for this specific issue, so:

Installed a new to me front D30 and have a clunk I'm searching for. In that process I found the passenger side wheel stops when turning by hand, with or without the wheel on (probably a separate issue from the clunk). I can back the wheel off in the reverse direction then forward through the dead spot but it will not turn full 360* without sticking. I've marked the wheel position where it stops and will see if it's the only place it sticks but thought I get this out there first.
Warped rotar is the first thing comes to mind but haven't confirmed. I'll probably swap these rotars for the slotted units on the D30 I just pulled out (should have done that at swap time) to eliminate that as the problem. Pads are in good shape. It does seem to me that there might be excessive drag on the pads on both wheels but it's probably just me.. they turn but sure don't 'spin' by hand and I can hear the pad to rotar contact.
Suggestions if it's not the rotars?

This unit has the Warn hub conversion but I know there were no issues with this before I got it or the seller would have informed me. And yes, the hubs are disengaged.

Thanks.

Pads will always drag on the rotors. If it seems to stop in the exact same place then there could be a problem. But the wheel just stopping from free rotation is normal.

Check for dirt between the rotor and hub. Did you happen to notice and dents on the hub from someone removing them with a BFH?

Have you driven it after the swap yet?

Back