• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New poly track bar bushing fits loosely?

Browncoat

NAXJA Forum User
Spent an entire morning running around from parts stores to dealerships trying to find an axle-end track bar bushing in polyurethane that would fit the stock sized bolt I got from the dealer (bolt=$4, nut=$16).

Every one I could find was so large in the sleeve that the bolt danced around in it. Seems like a perfect recipe for Death Wobble, no?

My question is this: Could it be that the bolt tightens down the track bar bracket ONTO the bushing sleeve? Or are the aftermarket parts suppliers assuming I reamed out the hole and now need a larger bolt?

(Both the Moog and Raysbestos brand poly bushings were way looser on the bolt than the stock rubber bushing I was replacing. I just finished a lift and felt a little bit of rumbling so I am eliminating that part as a potential for DW.)

The bolt does not hold the bushing, the torque you stretch the bolt to squeezes the bracket, and the bracket holds the bushing center in place.
So, the bolt does not need to be an exact fit, but it should be close.

Back