• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadratec OE tie rod ends

djlarroc

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone on here use them? I can't find anything about how good or bad they are. A few posts of people saying they might be Crown parts... which I read, some parts are good, some are bad.

The TREs on QT are about 1/2 the price as the Moogs I found.

Cheap parts are cheap for a reason. Buy Moog, Spicer, or the premium NAPA.

Why not just upgrade to the ZJ tie rod and ends if you're planning on replacing the parts anyway?

i wanted to buy the iron rock tie rod, and didn't know much about the ends they sell (mcquay norris). at $16.99 per end, qt has the best price.. i found out they are crown.

also looking at napa... rumor is, their master ride chassis line is re-packaged moog. both are made by federal mogul.

from my research, the iron rock is just about the same price as the zj tie rod. advantage for the zj, is slightly thicker ends, right?

i wanted to buy the iron rock tie rod, and didn't know much about the ends they sell (mcquay norris). at $16.99 per end, qt has the best price.. i found out they are crown.

also looking at napa... rumor is, their master ride chassis line is re-packaged moog. both are made by federal mogul.

from my research, the iron rock is just about the same price as the zj tie rod. advantage for the zj, is slightly thicker ends, right?

I havent looked too much into the Iron Rock stuff. I ran the ZJ tie rod on my rubicon w/ 35's and banged it up pretty good. Never even put a dent in it. I picked it up off someone parting out a ZJ off craigslist for 20$. Ends and rod.

master ride chassis line = junk!

NAPA Premium FTW!

The ZJ tie rod ends doo have a thincker cross section. The passenger outter is solid from the adjusting collar to the drag link.

Have you checked partsgeek.com? They have really reasonable prices.

Back