• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM Roof Rack

jacobwalters85

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 98 2.5L that came with no roof rack. I just acquired one, and now I need to install it. I do not have the factory holes. Has anyone installed one without pre-drilled holes? If so, how did you do it? Thanks in advance for any help!

The holes on the track should be easy. After drilling, just do a touch up paint. Then apply some 3M 4200. I'm sure you will have to drop the headliner first.

I ran a strip of masking tape the length of the roof then set the track on top, used the holes as a guide. Center punch then pilot hole with some tape wraped around the drill bit about a 1/4" up so as to not go all the way through the headliner. Get a set of OEM style nut-serts and drill the appropriate size hole, cover the raw metal with some primer (toothpick works good) and install the nut-sert. Put some sealent in the threads and bolt the track on. Then slide the cross bars back on and reinstall the end caps.

Back