• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**CANCELLED** May Monthly Run - Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail - 25MAY13

Lurch

NAXJA Forum User
Get ready for some LA/Ventura County wheelin'! The May run will be held at the Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail. This is a moderate trail that can be run in 3-4 hours. Afterwards you can explore the Hungry Valley SVRA which is next door and test out your rig in the 4x4 training area.

Clicky for a map: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=842711

I'm thinking Saturday, May 25 which will be one month after SoCalfest. Time and meet up location TBD.

Last edited:
Re: May Monthly Run - Lockwood/Miller Jeep Trail - 25MAY13

Link didn't work for me

I love this trail. I would probably end up camping up there in Gorman for the weekend.

Does anyone know if they opened the very end of the trail that dips down into that stream? It's been a couple years since I've been in the area, last time it was closed.

Does anyone know if they opened the very end of the trail that dips down into that stream? It's been a couple years since I've been in the area, last time it was closed.

i allways thought that was the start of the trail. every time i have been on it, everyone was climbing it, not running down. it was a pretty gnarly hillclimb from what i remember.

Link didn't work for me

Put a different link in there.

i allways thought that was the start of the trail. every time i have been on it, everyone was climbing it, not running down. it was a pretty gnarly hillclimb from what i remember.

I've seen it rated from moderate to difficult, seems to pretty consistently receive a 5/6 out of 10.

Thanks for hosting! A bit far out for me to commit right now since March and April are so busy, by May I just may be into vegging (or fixing my junk).

I'm talking about the fire road you come down that drops you into the OHV area in Gorman.

Last time I went up there in May, 3 years ago, the whole trail was closed. There was still too much snow and the trail was too wet. The rangers Sai it normally doesn't open until mid June.

Hopefully it will be open around that time.

Hopefully it is open. The plan would be to start the trail in Lockwood Valley, run up it to Alamo mtn, then down the FS road into Hungry Valley and eventually back to the 5 freeway.

Miller is my clubs "Adopt-A-Trail", and I work with the ohv program manager for the Mount Pinos ranger district on projects for this trail. This trail USUALLY opens around the middle of May on a dry year. It really depends on if there are any late storms... as they will push back the opening at the drop of a hat.

The trail will be opened from Lockwood Valley rd. all the way up Alamo Mountain with the fire rd dropping you right back to Gormon OHV park. I'll try to remember to post the opening of this trail as soon as I find out.

Last edited:

Just ran the trail and removed over 30 trees. Trail is in good condition. It will be open May 1st.

May Day bump -

FYI the date in the sticky is incorrect, this run will be on May 25th meeting at 9:30am at the staging area by Lockwood Creek campground.

Link to some directions on how to get there: http://www.nakedjeep.com/Destinations/Miller/njMiller02.html

I guess maybe we should do a signup to cap the # of rigs??

1. Lurch

May Day bump -

FYI the date in the sticky is incorrect, this run will be on May 25th meeting at 9:30am at the staging area by Lockwood Creek campground.

Link to some directions on how to get there: http://www.nakedjeep.com/Destinations/Miller/njMiller02.html

I guess maybe we should do a signup to cap the # of rigs??

1. Lurch
2. Karstic

Possibly in on this.

Back