• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear pinion yoke for a 2000 xj sport 8.25 rear end

ruffrich26

NAXJA Forum User
So My xj has been leaking oil out of the rear diff Obviously a pinon seal right? Well according to the tech the YOKE needs to be replaced because over 13 years of wear and tear and then also excess abuse off roading the Rubber of the pinion seal has Grooved the yoke and now I need a new one my one buddy who I trust with all the work agreed and was like yep buy a new yoke my other friend says I'm crazy and there is no way.. I am really looking for some clarification. Also I need to order a new Yoke before tonight so I can have it by Thursday I am including a link to what I believe is the yoke from rockautos.com please someone help me out lol

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1363384,parttype,13842

I believe its part number USA41011 $102.79

I know I have the 8.25 rear end with a 27 spine but then again I could be completely wrong in thinking this is even the correct yoke if it isnt can someone post the correct yoke that I need so I can order it tonight

Thank you!!

Buy a new yoke. A worn out yoke can eat up a new seal very easily.

I assume that the spline count notation refers to the spline count of the pinion shaft for the yoke.

USA STANDARD GEAR Part # USA41010 Pinion Yoke; 27 Spline; w/1310 U-Joint
XJ Cherokee; 4WD; yoke for Chrysler 8.25" with a 1310 U/Joint size; Rear Diff (Only 1 Remaining) sorry I meant this one I have the 1310 not 1330

Tim can you verify that the yoke I posted is in fact the one I need? Thank you

Buy a new yoke. A worn out yoke can eat up a new seal very easily.

27 splines is 1996.5 and older, 29 splines if 1996.5 and newer. Does the axle shaft spline count even matter for the pinion yoke ?

Not that it matters for this but you have a 29 spline 8.25 rear end unless you changed it to a 27 spline.

It's a 13 year old jeep. Things wear in that amount of time.

Basically:
avoid mud, mud tears up seals and sealing surfaces
if you don't avoid mud, replace the seal whenever it leaks, instead of waiting too long.

Back