• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cracked 0331 head question.

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
So I bought this really clean 2000 Freedom with a cracked head. My plan is just to fix it and flip it but I have a question for those of you who have been through this before.

It is getting coolant into the oil but not much. However I have no idea how long the previous owner ran it this way before he took it to a shop and they told him it had a cracked head.

What are the chances of the lower end of the motor being OK? It doesn't knock, oil pressure is great. It idles a little rough but I think that is something to do with the head problem.

I have a line on a head and a line on a whole engine. Since I'm just going to flip this would it be worth really looking into the bottom end or just putting a head on it, making sure it runs find and selling it?

If it has acceptable oil pressure at HOT idle, then you should be fine just replacing the head.

agreed with ^^...i would also recommend changing the oil a few times in the days/weeks following the swap to make sure all of the coolant is out

Back