• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How much can you trim off the front fenders?

travisk

NAXJA Forum User
Obviously mine aren't trimmed enough on the driver side. Can I make the inner and outer cuts as drawn here without any negative impacts?

Xj_fender_trimming_2.jpg

i did... my jeep hasnt exploded.

one thing i noticed about trimming away a lot of the fender though. you lose rigidity. when i was dailying mine, it saw a lot of highway. the areas where the fenders attach inside the A pillar is so cracked from working the metal back and forth in the wind at highway speeds.

I trimmed the same on mine, like was said above my fenders are not as rigid as they used to be but its nothing worth worrying about. Also you should cut slits into the inner pinch seam between the spot welds and then hammer it flat, those will slice up those tires in no time nows the time to do it when your doing that trimming.

I trimmed the same on mine, like was said above my fenders are not as rigid as they used to be but its nothing worth worrying about. Also you should cut slits into the inner pinch seam between the spot welds and then hammer it flat, those will slice up those tires in no time nows the time to do it when your doing that trimming.

ya, hammer that pinch seam back too:

284479_200323966688694_5063409_n.jpg

Back