• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf suggestions for 35's

saki669

NAXJA Forum User
My 8 year old RE leafs are saggin and its time to replace them.
Current setup:
RE HD 4.5" leafs
JKS 1.5" lift shackle
1" Block
BFG 35's

I cant keep the tires off the nerf bars anymore. They grind away at the slightest lean (even hard gas in a turn).
I'm looking to be slightly elevated in the rear so its flat when loaded down.

I'd like to lose the blocks and go with a larger spring pack. I have 3 kids in the back and everything but the kitchen sink on trips so its usually heavily loaded.
This picture is a couple of years old and its sagged a lot since then.

IMG00235.jpg

Suggestions?

I just did the split/notch bit, and I never rub the rear. Lemme see if I can find a pic.

jeepliftback.jpg

Basically, you cut notches in the metal every so often and then pound it upward with a sizable hammer. :D

Ya thats exactly what I did a few years back.
I guess my springs are sagged more than I thought, I was thinking I needed 6.5" springs but perhaps I'll be fine with the 5.5.

Thanks for the pic.

Have you looked at shackle relocation brackets?
I gained about 2" with mine

I ended up with some new RE 5.5" leafs. 169 each on Amazon.com (free ship no tax).
I'll see what that nets me and then go from there with shackles, blocks, etc.

If I can get the metal repaired around the rear leaf mount I will put my revolver shackles back on. They were awesome but did a job on the sheet metal over the years.

Back