• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OUR TRAILS NEED YOU!

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Have you visited the SoCal Adopt A Trail forum lately?
http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=264

These upcoming events NEED your participation!

Sunday 2/17 there is a Snow and 4x4 Recovery Class
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1096206

Wednesday 2/20 is the quarterly Adopt A Trail meeting in Corona
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1096014

Saturday March 16th is a CPR/First Aid/AED course and the USFS Supervisors office in San Bernardino
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1095714

Participating in the Adopt A Trail program helps keep our trails OPEN for all to use. This is accomplished in two ways.

First, by direct on the ground work maintaining our trails to FS standards so that the trails can remain safe to travel on and in proper condition to protect resources such as air quality, wildlife habitat and water quality.

Second, the hours volunteered to the program are used by the Forest Service to apply for grant money from the California OHV Green Sticker fund. Without these grant monies the OHV program budgets would be severely reduced.

Also by attending the Adopt A Trail events you get to interact one on one with Forest Service staff.

Here are the things that were accomplished in FY 2011-2012

Fy 2012 fun facts: What did we do together?!? CHECK THIS OUT!!!

- SBNF Adopt-a-Trail Program tops 50 active Clubs and Associations (54 total)

- Clubs and Associations Volunteered 18,000 hours

- SBNF Adopt-a-Trail Program becomes National Forest Model (2011 Missoula Technology Development Center)

- Includes Snowmobile, Motorcycle, ATV, Side by Side and 4x4 clubs-all working together

- U.S. Marine Corps, Bear Valley Historical Society, Christian Groups, Honda Riders, Yamaha Motorsports, Overland Teen Education, Geocache and Geologist Groups-all working together

- Large scale project- Over seven miles of emergency road and trail repairs providing for public safety and emergency access

- Large scale project- Cut and removed over 105 windblown trees blocking vital emergency road and trail access

- Maintained over 240 miles of back country roads and trails. 2,000+ over side drains, brushing, trash removal and dozer work

- Removed over seven tons of trash and eight abandoned/stolen vehicles from San Bernardino National Forest

- Restored over 280 acres of OHV impacted National Forest

- Restored/closed 29 acres of illegal OHV Wilderness/Monument Trespass-San Gorgonio, San Rosa, Big Horn, Cucamonga, Cahuilla Mountain

- Maintained over 200 barricades protecting sensitive habitats

- Maintained dozens of road and trail trailheads

- Extinguished 33 abandoned campfires

- Reported 17 emergency incidents to Dispatch Center

- Assisted 29 stranded forest motorists

- Protected 39 stream crossings and 57 riparian habitats (meadows and bird nesting areas)

- Protected 22 Endangered Species Sites

- Restored Seven illegal shooting areas

- Removed Graffiti on 11 individual projects (five acres total)

- Started the SBNF Adopt-a-Trail Junior Ranger Program

- Provided specialized training for eight new Adopt-a-Trail Clubs

- Held a zero percent accident record during 2011-2012

Greg Hoffman

Forest OHV Programs Manager
San Bernardino National Forest

Last edited:
Three events this month!

Check the AAT sub-forum for details.

In!

I was really glad I stayed Sunday last month after SoCal Fest to do a bit of work on 2N04. Thanks, karstic, for spearheading this operation. I had a bunch of fun.

David Bricker / SYR

I was really glad I stayed Sunday last month after SoCal Fest to do a bit of work on 2N04. Thanks, karstic, for spearheading this operation. I had a bunch of damage.

David Bricker / SYR

fixed it for you :D

when I can get there I attend the adopt a trail events.... but since I haven't been able to get the simple help I need locally to get my truck running, I cant tow my rig to the trails so I can go help.... quite the perplexing conundrum... got help this last Friday, not from any one I have helped before ( and there are quite a few ) but from a guy who just wants to be a good guy... I will be back on the trails soon I hope and I will be joining in to keep them open....

A couple of new events added to the Adopt A Trail forum

Back