• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

oceanside ecology inventory?

2stix

NAXJA Forum User
anyone been to the oceanside ecology lately? how is the jeep inventory? since it is half price weekend i thought i would check it out. looking for renix throttle body.

thanks, but i am only going to oceanside ecology. since it is half price day and during the super bowl i am hoping not too many people will be there. just so you know, next weekend is half price at pick your part.

i haven't been there in a couple months, but the xj/jeep selection had been pretty slim.....for whatever that's worth.
the yards down by brown field have had a much better spread, but that's another hour drive south, i'm guessing, for you.

thanks guys. might not be worth the gas then. i will make the decision in the morning. if i go i will post up my findings.

Long Beach is the same way. There are 3 xj's nothing exciting about any of them. They have a 98 that came in on the 9th but it was pretty well picked over, although the body is still there and pretty straight. It's white.

You mean wilmington?

Cash4Clunkers really dessimated our junkyard spares, It becomes evident more and more every year. I remember the days of seeing 10+ xj's at any given yard, and it wasnt that long ago!

thanks, but i am only going to oceanside ecology. since it is half price day and during the super bowl i am hoping not too many people will be there. just so you know, next weekend is half price at pick your part.

Where do you find out when they are doing their 1/2 price sales?

How is the rear hatch?

The struts are gone, I got the wiper and motor. The trim peice is in the bed of the truck right behind it. The exterior of it seemed pretty good.

The 98 as a whole looked good, lots of fluid splashed under the hood, so that's why it's there, not a wreck.

well reports where correct. only a couple XJs in the yard and not much left to them. though there is an 88 with a HP d30 non disco. thats the one i took the throttle body, TPS, air idle control, and the no longer available air intake temp control sensor from. definitely slim pickings, but i got what i needed so it was a worth while run.

Any one notice 1 ton Ford axles while in oceanside or chula? I have emails out to a few yards but haven't heard back.
LOL if you want a front axle. good luck. your best bet is highway 67 dismantlers in lakeside. but expect to pay $$$$$$$$$$
These yards know what the axles are worth. only certain yards will get those vehicles. dont expect to find a high pinion dana 60 for 300 bucks.

Re: Re: oceanside ecology inventory?

LOL if you want a front axle. good luck. your best bet is highway 67 dismantlers in lakeside. but expect to pay $$$$$$$$$$
These yards know what the axles are worth. only certain yards will get those vehicles. dont expect to find a high pinion dana 60 for 300 bucks.

I don't mind paying what something is reasonably worth as long as its cheap :D j/k. I think I know what they're worth. If they're too much, I walk.. no problem. :)

There's a guy on "that other site" in the mid west who gets Snowfighter axles and sells them for what I think is a reasonable rate, even with 1200 shipping. I'll see where I'm at $$$$ wise when he gets another set..

I don't mind paying what something is reasonably worth as long as its cheap :D j/k. I think I know what they're worth. If they're too much, I walk.. no problem. :)

There's a guy on "that other site" in the mid west who gets Snowfighter axles and sells them for what I think is a reasonable rate, even with 1200 shipping. I'll see where I'm at $$$$ wise when he gets another set..
there's been a couple on CL for like 1200 bucks. i think they were in IE or OC. there WAS one for $250, but i was a few minutes too late on that one :(
If you're willing to pay 1200-1500, try highway 67, or there's also a truck dismantler in oceanside near ecology. they usually have that crap but you're paying for it lol

Re: Re: oceanside ecology inventory?

there's been a couple on CL for like 1200 bucks. i think they were in IE or OC. there WAS one for $250, but i was a few minutes too late on that one :(
If you're willing to pay 1200-1500, try highway 67, or there's also a truck dismantler in oceanside near ecology. they usually have that crap but you're paying for it lol

Like you said, theyre out there. Most are at least 250 miles away and 800- 1400 bucks. There's one in Ridgecrest for 750 and one just outside of Vegas for 800. I been contemplating asking my river neighbor bring it down, but he's hit and miss on getting out there.

There's a guy on P*****4*4 in San Diego selling a 79 front D60 housing, but he wants waaaay too much. Lol

I'm in no hurry at this point. I'm collecting parts for my build. Once I have everything but the driveshafts, ill bring xj back from the river and get to work. Besides, its almost time to boat! :D

BTW, I scan CL in 6 counties and 2 other sites for axles at least 4* per day. I'm surprised I missed the HP d60 for 250 :eek:

Back