• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

adjusting long arms

rockthrasherxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok ive been searching and searching for what seems like a simple answer with no luck. i recently installed rough country long arms on my jeep. well turns out i didnt get the arms the same length and its wandering pretty good. my question is can i pull the lower arm off the one side and adjust it out or should i put it on stands yada yada yada. any help would be greatly accepted

Are you asking if you can do it with the wheels on the ground? I'm guessing its possible, but why would you want to fight the weight of the jeep when doing the adjustment? I'd support the body on jackstands and the axle with a jack and that way only have to deal with moving the weight of the axle.

i just need to turn one joint out two or so turns would leaving it on the ground be a huge deal, or would it be poss. and still leave the other side bolted up so the axle doesnt rotate

It's possible. I'm thinking you'll need to have someone push forward on the tire, almost trying to roll it forward, as you try to line up the bolt holes in the control arm bracket.

Yes you can do it that way. Just unbolt the arm and pull down on it. Done it plenty of times when replacing the bushings in the joint.

I've always adjusted my long arms with the jeep on the ground...I usually just use a come-along and strap to set the axle where I want it

block the front of the front tires, Ubolt the top arms fron the lowers adjust them measure to make sure they're thw same length and bolt the put everything back to gether.

Back