• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear uneven after full leaf spring install

MUKAK714

NAXJA Forum User
i had 2 inch blocks and add a leaf and everything was fine and even.. i just installed 3 inch Pro Comp full leaf packs and now my rear end is uneven ( driver side is 1 inch lower than passenger ) WTF?

i didnt tighten the shackle bolts till after i let it settle ( drove around for 2-3 miles )

any ideas?

Not much we can do, thats a product 'flaw' or 'peculiarity'. Maybe you could get pro comp to send you a replacement, theyre big enough to do so. Or maybe switch them so the higher side is the drivers side. Maybe the drivers weight will make them ride evenly height wise.

Welcome to the board.

That's what am gonna do this weekend is swap the springs from one side to the other hopefully it evens out. If not procomp or 4wheelparts where I got the srpings from gonna get a phone call from my azz

Ive lifted and lowered allot of vehicles & this kind of thing is pretty common, whether it be a factory or aftermarket flaw.... Best you can do is call pro comp....

This same thing happed to me when i installed my leafs, but after 100 miles or so they leveled out. and if your leafs come with a big fat overload leaf on the bottom of the pack i suggest removing it, mine settled and i was riding on the overload leaf, very stiff ride. you will lose about 1.5'' but that can be recoverd with a lift shackle. I did and im very happy with them not to mention the better flex,

This same thing happed to me when i installed my leafs, but after 100 miles or so they leveled out. and if your leafs come with a big fat overload leaf on the bottom of the pack i suggest removing it, mine settled and i was riding on the overload leaf, very stiff ride. you will lose about 1.5'' but that can be recoverd with a lift shackle. I did and im very happy with them not to mention the better flex,

i also removed the bottom flat overload spring b4 install... just like u..

i went out last nite and measured all 4 corners and the weird thing is the front is also uneven.. driver side is 1 inch lower than pass side in the front and in the back...

i bought the truck with a lift kit allready.. it came with rancho 3 inch RED coils in the front.. i am thinking maybe the previous owner installed the front coils incorrectly? driver on pass and vise versa? i hears drivers side coil is a tad longer than the pass side... is this tru?

i also removed the bottom flat overload spring b4 install... just like u..

i went out last nite and measured all 4 corners and the weird thing is the front is also uneven.. driver side is 1 inch lower than pass side in the front and in the back...

i bought the truck with a lift kit allready.. it came with rancho 3 inch RED coils in the front.. i am thinking maybe the previous owner installed the front coils incorrectly? driver on pass and vise versa? i hears drivers side coil is a tad longer than the pass side... is this tru?

If a driver side coil is taller then I lucked out putting in my used coils I got from a guy on here.

My buddy bought some rubicon express leafs maybe a year ago and has been fighting the leaf being lower than the other the entire time, just swap the leafs across. Apparently my buddy said some people rotate leafs like some people rotate tires lol. For me I paid $35 at a junk yard on 1/2 priced weekend for some S-10 leafs and I got 4" from them, I flex better than my friend in the rear and I still sit level ;)

"Flaw" is BS. Tell them to replace them or return them. How can you drive around with your jeep listing to one side?

Back