• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electric fan, no power

RaptorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Am sure its posted some where on here but am not a great forum searcher and couldn't find any thing.

As I posted, 2 weeks ago I sunk my jeep off roading. Am trying to get my jeep up and running again. An issue it has, the electric fan doesn't run. I put my multi meter on the leads and am not getting any voltage. I checked the engine bay fuse and its fine. I also swaped the starter rely for the aux fan rely as the same number on them and still nothing.

Is there another fuse some where that am missing. It ussally kicks on when defroster is on or AC and its not kicking on at all.

Am sure its posted some where on here but am not a great forum searcher and couldn't find any thing.

As I posted, 2 weeks ago I sunk my jeep off roading. Am trying to get my jeep up and running again. An issue it has, the electric fan doesn't run. I put my multi meter on the leads and am not getting any voltage. I checked the engine bay fuse and its fine. I also swaped the starter rely for the aux fan rely as the same number on them and still nothing.

Is there another fuse some where that am missing. It ussally kicks on when defroster is on or AC and its not kicking on at all.

Fuse F10, 15 amp, in the Junction Block (pax footwell) is power to the fan relay control coil. If you have an owner's manual it should show the position of the fuse. Check this fuse.

Jeeps specs, year?

Jeeps specs, year?

Its a 1994 4.0L automatic.

But appears I may have found it tonight. One of my friends looked at it and said was the cooling sensor. He took the wire harness off the coolent sensor that's on the thermostat housing and the aux fan starting running again when heater was set for defrost mode. If that makes sense.

That confirms that the fan and wiring to the fan is good, that is progress. You can test the sensor with an ohm meter, hot and cold first against the OEM factory specs in an FSM (the data tables are in old posts here somewhere), or try a new sensor.

Not sure why that sensor would be bad just from from getting wet?

That confirms that the fan and wiring to the fan is good, that is progress. You can test the sensor with an ohm meter, hot and cold first against the OEM factory specs in an FSM (the data tables are in old posts here somewhere), or try a new sensor.

Not sure why that sensor would be bad just from from getting wet?

I don't know either why it got wet and just that sensor is bad. I bought one from qudartec for like 13 shipped as everyone else like auto zone wants 30. I have a feeling its more involved then a sensor like a the wiring harness or something. Seems too simple just a sensor. Sunday I may test it with the ohm meter.

Back