• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Expedition Overland Youtube series

Watching 5 now.

I can't help but feel a slightly more capable rig with a tight turning radius would make that trail in an hour or two. Then again I'm not there and videos never do trails justice.

Looking forward to the other 5 episodes.

They should have broadcast this instead of "One Car Too Far".

I think their biggest issue was that trailer. They make any tight trail harder.

And ya, I noticed that with the bike. I'm wondering if they had filming permits and quite possibly had the road closed so they could film. I overheard them talking about filming permits in another episode.

Very cool vids. That trailer was 90% of the problem, the other 10% was that very soft sand they hit within 10ft of the start of the trail. I was thinking to myself, off to a great start there guys!

Has anyone watched these? Very well put together. All are between 30-50 min long. They get in some very very cool country. Especially #5 This has officially climbed to my number one bucket list trail.

Doc,

I'll meet you in Pocatello and we'll get it going. After some planning and my retirement of course. I'm a Montana native and know some spots of my own.

Now I'll go watch #5

Tail end of last episode is pretty cool. I go to the same church as Zach.. the big guy.
You'll get it when you see it.

#6 (I thought) at Craters of the Moon, St. Anthony sand dunes, Henry's Fork where they passed out cigars is where the big guy mentioned his 'church'.

I'd like to find info on two pieces of gear they used in that episode:
the airbags (like fire/rescue) they used in the dunes, and I've been searching for those orange traction plates since I first saw them on the Overland website. Might have to post up there to find them I guess. I've found others but those look like what I'd want.

Since I'm halfway between SLC and Reno I've been lurking on both the Sierra and IM Chapter pages watching the goings on. Kinda being nosy on both ends to see who's doing what. So if I chime in Doc, it's only cuz I think I'm a little familiar with you guys even though you have no idea where I'm coming from.
After all, you have 22,000+ posts!.. and I just joined a year and a half ago.

I'd like to find info on two pieces of gear they used in that episode:
the airbags (like fire/rescue) they used in the dunes, and I've been searching for those orange traction plates since I first saw them on the Overland website. Might have to post up there to find them I guess. I've found others but those look like what I'd want.

I found the traction plates. Have to hone my forum search skills.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/111789-Maxtrax-vs-TRED-vs-Tracmats-vs-X-Trax-vs-X-Jack

Since I'm halfway between SLC and Reno I've been lurking on both the Sierra and IM Chapter pages watching the goings on. Kinda being nosy on both ends to see who's doing what. So if I chime in Doc, it's only cuz I think I'm a little familiar with you guys even though you have no idea where I'm coming from.

I just noticed you live in Spring Creek. I haul propane out to your schools.

In May we are heading out on a 1200 mile Nevada overlanding tour. Starting on the east side coming out from Utah on the Pony Express trail, south to Ely and then across to Tonopah visiting lunar crater and the ghost towns of Tybo and Belmont. Then north overland to eureka and then north again along the eastern side of the Ruby mtns and home.

You should join us at camp somewhere.

Yeah, I'd like that. If you can keep me posted on dates I'll see if it can happen.
Trouble is I'm on call 24/7 and weekends are not my own but might squeeze a weekend out.

The 4th Annual Reno Fun Run is Memorial Day weekend and I'm trying to make that happen as well. Got aquainted with Eric Zappe when I bought his old diffs last year. Never been crawling but really think I'm going to be more into trail riding and maybe overland trips.

Which propane outfit you with? Turner maybe?

'Preciate the invite.

Gary

Back