• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cooling fan not turning off

On a 97 sport. 4.0, aw4, 231 etc

Sometimes when parking it after getting to op temp the aux fan will not turn off and will run until the battery is dead. This is a problem! Where is the temp sender to keep this fan on? Is the the temp sensor on tstat? Also, what else is controlling this system. Obviously a relay, but where is the logic? ECM?

This jeep has 150ish thousand miles but a relatively unknown history. My sister (unfortunately a classic blonde chick) drove this for a couple years and damn near broke everything!!! Since it has been back from her the following things have been replaced: cps, hvac controls, blower fan resistor, blower fan, all fluids, transmission cooler lines, ball joints, unit bearings, brakes and battery.

The following will be replaced soon: steering gear box, battery terminals and cables.

I would like to make this a reliable vehicle again. It just needs some love!

I was having the same issue. I just replaced the relay and hooked it up to a switch inside the cab. Anytime I'm in crazy traffic I turn the fan on. If you do it that way just make sure you turn it off when you turn off the vehicle or get a good battery. Might not matter but I hate when my battery goes dead so I'm a little paranoid

HA! That's awesome joe. This is actually my little brothers rig. I'm just helping him out. I would expect to see him lurking around naxja soon! I've got a 99 that other than running the aux fan constantly while I'm wheeling doesn't have any major issues. Yet.

Back