• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring Question

Hillenbrand

NAXJA Forum User
I have 5.5" RE springs and 6" RE shackles and I'm wondering if I could remove leafs from the leaf pack to get less lift. I'm pretty sure I have at least 8" of lift in the rear (I don't know if stock shackles are 3" or 4"?) and I'd like to get it to 6.5" to match the front. Let me know if this is a good idea and if its safe. Also which leafs do I remove? Thanks.

I'm not talking 6" longer than stock just 6" center to center. Shackles are measured from center to center. Google RE boomerang shackles. And what leaves are okay to remove?

Generally an increase of 1" in shackle length will only net 1/2" of actual lift, so you may be a bit lower than you think.

Not sure on the leaf question.

stock shackles are 3", i measured mine. i would just go with a shorter shackle myself easier to change out than taking leafs out putting everything all back together and checking if it is the right height and if not got to do it all over again, but that is just me.

Last edited:
Back