• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Water for Wildlife

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
Here's the info I promised in this thread

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1095420

One of the reasons I bought a Cherokee was to replace a 2wd Nissan with a 4wd vehicle for camping, hiking and hunting and I have always believed in stewardship of OUR public lands.

I plan on attending the February, May and June weekends. March and April are iffy with a lot of other things going on those weekends

Water for Wildlife projects are scheduled for 2013, there is lots of wildlife drinker restoration work that we can do this year to preserve water for our desert wildlife.

Feb 15-16-17 Mojave National Preserve
March 22-23-24 BLM near Essex
April 19-20-21 BLM near Essex or Mojave National Preserve
May 17-18-19 Mojave National Preserve
June 7-8-9 Mojave National Preserve

The first project, Feb 2013

This will be a three day project, we will start working about 11 am on Friday the 15th after we set up camp.
Directions: From Barstow travel approximately 90 miles East on I 40 to the Essex Rd exit, go South 4 miles to powerline road, turn right, go 200 yards and you will see the camp site on your right. The turn on the powerline road, will be marked with a orange flag. You do not need 4x4 to get to the camp site, motorhome and camp trailers will not have any problem, the camp area is in a flat area. Like before the only luxury will be two outhouses. You can camp with an RV or tent.

Temperature: Should be in the mid 60's during the day and low 40's to high 30's at night.

I will send out more details about this project later, towards the end of the month, what to bring, work schedule, menu, etc.

This year really looks like it could be one of the best years, we have received several donations from different organizations and private individuals.
If you would like to donate towards WFW please contact me.

Thank you all for the donations to WFW projects 2013

California Deer Association
Safari Club Orange County
Turner's Sporting Goods
Edison International
Nick Byrne
Nancy Howard
Frank Rorabaugh
Lyle Trottier
Craig Fulfer
Jim McGee
Tony Florentine
Lowe's hardware for their discounts on equipment and materials
Merlex corporation for the discount price on materials
Vik's Janitorial Service, Las Vegas

If you made a donation for 2013 and for some reason I left you off this list please contact me.

If you have ANY suggestions or comments please don't hesitate to let me know.

Cliff McDonald
Society for the Protection and Care of Wildlife/Water for Wildlife
[email protected]

:thumbup:

Back