• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron rock offroad long arm upgrade

krawler09

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have the Iron Rock Offroad critical path long arm upgrade? If so how does it ride and handle on the road. I am looking ito getting this setup but would like to get some feedback before I spend the money on it. thanks in advance.

search, and do you really trust the whole frt axle from rotating by 1 10mm bolt and a shitty caster thingy?

Here we go again, the wife runs it on her wj. It works great for the cost, and has held up through the rubicon, Dusy ershim, and 3 years of wheeling. No issues.

It has been an issue for some people. I will never run it, for more than just that reason.

and lets just leave it at that, theres gotta be a dozen threads like this.

I have this kit and it works great. I haven't had any problems and my ride is way better than I had with short arms. I have had zero caster problems. I wonder if the people that bad talk the kit have actually had any experience with it. My jeep is a straight trail rig that I drive to and from offroad parks.

I have it ran Pritchett canyon and countless other trails no problem as far as a 10mm bolt doing the caster is that not how all set ups are ??? But for your answer as on road it does fill lose IMO with out sway bar links that is. Also I've only seen two people ever post any issue with it

adate6ab.jpg
there's a pic of it flexing

I have it ran Pritchett canyon and countless other trails no problem as far as a 10mm bolt doing the caster is that not how all set ups are ??? But for your answer as on road it does fill lose IMO with out sway bar links that is. Also I've only seen two people ever post any issue with it

Other 3 links use significantly larger bolts. This is the only one I know of that uses a single 10mm (oh, and it is a far cry from a real 3 link). Ive broken a handful of those in my front end. Mostly my trackbar, seeing that's the last component I upgraded. If I'm going to "upgrade" my jeep, I'm not going to go with a weaker system.

"Good enough" doesn't sit well with me.

I have this kit and it works great. I haven't had any problems and my ride is way better than I had with short arms. I have had zero caster problems. I wonder if the people that bad talk the kit have actually had any experience with it. My jeep is a straight trail rig that I drive to and from offroad parks.

I know a few people who have had the kit and had issues with it. I'm not willing to put such a product on my jeep, so no experience actually running it.

The factory short arm is not a true 4 link, and any long arm radius arm is an upgrade in both suspension travel and ride quality. If you have some fabrication ability, you can build a 3 link for less than the cost of any kit. For the price and performance of a 100%bolt on kit, I still say the IRO kit is a good value. Swap the grade 10.9 bolt out for a 12.9 if you're worried about it.

I know a few people who have had the kit and had issues with it. I'm not willing to put such a product on my jeep, so no experience actually running it.

Fair enough.

Quality adjustable arms and drop brackets will cost nearly the same as a long arm, and you'll still be left with a flimsy sheetmetal stick crossmember. Most long arms come with a far better crossmember.

I believe the post was asking for input from people running the IRO kit..... I see a lot of opinions,assumptions and guesses from people who are not running it.

I'm actually interested in this kit for my heep.

My wife runs the kit on the wj in the picture I posted. It's been run through some of the toughest trails in Northern California for the last 3 years. No issues, great flex, and great ride. For the price it is an excellent option.

Back