• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 XJ Turn Signal

F150SAS

NAXJA Forum User
All bulbs are good and just replaced turn signal flasher, the four ways even work but the right turn blinker works off and on and the other times acts like a bulb is blowen. Think it's in the switch on the column. Any idea?

Thanks

check the ground circuit for each socket-- they fail with great regularity and can give you some headaches like you have experienced when the connections get loose/corroded.

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together. There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.
ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.
Revised 07/23/2012

I suggest unplugging EVERY electrical connection in the engine bay you can find, whether engine related or not, and spraying it out with a good electronics cleaner, visually inspecting the terminals making sure they haven’t retracted into the plastic holder, and then plugging it back together. There’s a critical 10-pin connector for the front lighting system located in front of the air cleaner and behind the left headlight assembly. Don’t miss that one. Also be sure that the connectors to the ballast resistor mounted near the air cleaner housing are clean and tight.
ALL of the relays should be removed, the terminals wire-brushed until shiny, and the receptacles sprayed out with contact cleaner. Then plug them back in. I do this on every Renix Jeep I purchase or work on for someone else.
Revised 07/23/2012

And when you have finished that, mow the lawn, peel the potatoes, walk the dog, whitewash the fence, rotate the tires, then take fifteen minutes off for lunch...

Is there a good place to get a replacement turn signal bulb holder thingy?

Mine has corroded the ground, and the grey wire has about half of the strands left.

I have been able to find them at Autozone and O'Reileys in the past. Rockauto.com maybe and NAPA has most anything

Back