• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Run - July 2013

WebDog

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to get a thread going to see who is interested in running the Rubicon in July, we are thinking the 2nd or 3rd weekend (I havent checked to see if other events are going on those dates yet).

We would like to enter the trail on a Sunday and spend 2-3 days on the trail, camp at Loon Lake and then Rubicon Springs.

Ill post up more info as I get it.

Post up if you are interested and what week/end would work better for you.

I'm in for a Rubicon run again. had a great time last year.

FYI sierrafest is in the same area and last year I did them both in one trip which was a ton of fun. I'd love to do that again. its usually a little bit later, but they haven't posted dates yet, so I asked in the sierra chapter.

I was about to post up a similar thread for either July or August. Right now I'm open on dates, but check the Pirate page for any large groups or Jamborees and schedule around those. 3 days min on the trail preferred.

I also want to run Fordyce, preferably on my same trip up there, so I have to figure that out too.

I really liked camping 2 nights a loon. I would definitely do that and do some more hiking into desolation again.

my hope is that we can do the Rubicon the week before sierrafest and then I can go to sierrafest and hang out.

I really liked camping 2 nights a loon. I would definitely do that and do some more hiking into desolation again.

my hope is that we can do the Rubicon the week before sierrafest and then I can go to sierrafest and hang out.

You mean Buck Island?

We need to get that identical camp site at Rubicon Springs right across from the rope swing. That was bitchin :thumbup:

You mean Buck Island?

We need to get that identical camp site at Rubicon Springs right across from the rope swing. That was bitchin :thumbup:

yes I mean Buck island. and yes. that campsite at springs was the best one.

the giant pile of firewood was nice too :D

SierraFest is usually in Aug and I would imagine with the Moab event this year it will be sooner than later.

I for one am not missing Moab and would like a month between events.

agreed.

We are in Tahoe every year in late August. Have had the XJ up there the last two years exploring the Tahoe side up to observation point.

If dates work out, I'd be down to add a few days to my trip to run the Rubicon with a group.

Woohoo!! 4th annual "SoCal -> Sierra" event!!!

I would love to make it 4 straight years wheeling in the Sierra, but with Moab in Obtober, and a family camping trip in June, it might be tough get the time off.

This sounds like a good plan. I think I can make this work. :thumbup:

looks like this is the plan for sierrafest. I'm planning on going

Aug 5th through Aug 11th

5th - 7th = Rubicon
8th - 11th = Deer Valley

looks like this is the plan for sierrafest. I'm planning on going

Aug 5th through Aug 11th

5th - 7th = Rubicon
8th - 11th = Deer Valley

I'd like to make this trip but not sure I will be able to.

If you need a place to camp the day before the Rubicon Run, Big Silver Group Campground is an awesome spot.

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/B...ractCode=NRSO&parkId=73627&topTabIndex=Search

It's large enough for a bunch of rigs, and has several creek-side tent spots. It's about 15 miles from the Rubicon trail head.

I tried to get it for us last year but it was already booked...

If you only need a spot for one rig, Sunset-Union Valley has some really nice lakesides spots:
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/S...ode=NRSO&parkId=70310&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

Back