• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's in your repair kit?

socalkid13

NAXJA Forum User
(Pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet.) What do you carry in your tool kit for roadside/trail repairs?

I carry my stuff in a tool bag.
2 Crescent wrenches
Assorted wrenches (American and Metric)
Sockets (1/4,3/8,1/2) with ratchets
Tire X
Rags
WD40
Brake Clean
Pliers (needle nose, dykes, common, vise grips)
Assorted screwdrivers
Allen keys
Baling wire
Zip ties
Speaker wire
Fuses and relays
Ballpein hammer
Duct tape
Electrical tape
A multimeter

If anyone has suggestions to add or remove, let me know. Don't be afraid to post your kits!

Last edited:
Try working on your jeep all weekend usin only what is in your tool bag (s)
i carry one mechanical bag: gear wrenches, sockets, allens, torx, rubber mallet
and one electrical: mm, crimpers, strippers, assortment of ends, tape, dielectric grease, fuses, relays....

Dont forget the 36mm socket and breaker bar

Oh dont get me wrong, I.love my rollaways.
If you can do 90% of what needs to be done out of the toolbag, you should be good to go.
home depot carries clc...

Condoms!

You must be mexican....

LMAO

I always carry tool listed above plus spare parts like U-Joints, all engine sensors, and lots of different fuses. I have spare brake lines and big runs i carry Dana 30 axle shafts. I carry all fluids, spare hardware, and can't forget bailing wire and duck tape.

bubble gum, a paperclip, scotch tape, and a swiss army knife.

d153e580.jpg

Get me an avocado, an ice pick and my snorkel, trust me bro! Ive made bongs with less

Yeah don't have much in the way of spare parts..I should probably get on that... I carry a gallon of coolant and a quart or 2 of motor oil and some gear oil for my tranny and rear end.

I also keep a baggie of at least one of every sensor on the rig. Most are pulls from vehicles I have scrapped out and tested. I even keep sensors for HO's (I run a Renix). They have made a lot of friends over the years and kept me in beer on many outings.

Back