• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix air intake charge temp sensor

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, So I have a diy cold air intake, and I managed to break the air intake temp sensor Now I cannot find one ANYWHERE... I can adapt and put anything in there as long as its the the same value. Any one help?? I cant believe there is nothing out there......89 xj 4.0. some say a 98 2.5 sensor is the same value?

Junkyards.

I dont think they make em anymore. If you get really really desperate I have a few lying around I could mail you one if I leave enough spares for myself.

The CTS and MAT sensors have the same range on the RENIX, however, the CTS is encased in brass/copper and the MAT is open for the air to flow by it.

The CTS and MAT use different NPT threads, one is 1/4" and the other is 3/8"

Its possible you could use the CTS in an intake but the data to the ECU would be delayed or as-cue due to the encased sensor.

Just some food for thought

Dumb question, what's it do

The MAT(Manifold Air Temperature) sensor reads the tempurature of the air in the intake and sends that data to the ECU, the ECU uses this data as well as CTS, O2 and MAP to adjust the fuel trim. Without it, its impossible to get the proper fuel trim and it will run rich and will not go into closed loop.

Cruiser, correct me if I'm wrong.

The MAT(Manifold Air Temperature) sensor reads the tempurature of the air in the intake and sends that data to the ECU, the ECU uses this data as well as CTS, O2 and MAP to adjust the fuel trim. Without it, its impossible to get the proper fuel trim and it will run rich and will not go into closed loop.

Cruiser, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sounds good to me. Either way, it's somewhat critical to the proper mixture

After extensive searching I found a intake air charge temp sensor with the same resistance values as the renix :) went through a ton of numbers, ordered in 11 different sensors before this one finally crossed my desk and tested true :) It needs a pigtail because the connector is different, and it is bigger , not a big deal for the cold air intake crowd, but youd have to drill or modifý its location on a stocker.
2013-01-25152032.jpg

here is the interchange info on it:
2013-01-25152150.jpg

I hope this helps someone in the future!!!

Back