• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

March Corral Canyon run

Vanimal

NAXJA Forum User
so as you may have seen, the monthly run for March is Corral Canyon.
Let's figure out a date and what trails to run.
We have 3 trail choices that i know of which would be good for most of us. Sidewinder, Bronco Peak, and Gunslinger. Sidewinder and bronco peak can be done on 31's with no lockers with a fair amount of effort and maybe one or two tugs. Gunslinger may be best suited for 33's and 1 locker. I was leaning towards Gunslinger and Sidewinder. What do you guys think?
I was planning on leaving out bronco connector on this run, because last time i did it, it was extremely beat up.

I hope to make this one. Have yet to run CC. I think last weekend of the month s only weekend I could not attend.

i hadnt planned on camping, but it's a possibility. it will be COLD at night. there was a foot of snow out there about 2 years ago that time of year.
I'd prefer to go later in the month, so maybe the second to the last weekend in March? what do you guys think?

March 23/24?

I am open to camping, although I'm pretty sure everything can be done in a day there.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the new trails on gunslinger. They are supposed to be a bit harder than anything else, besides the connector.

I wouldn't mind running up the backside of Bronco Peak as well.

I got the new rear truss welded on, new R&P, driveshaft cardan/Ujoints, blah, blah, and drove her to work yesterday with no issues...so count me in!

Tharlanjr you're welcome to ride shotgun.

I got the new rear truss welded on, new R&P, driveshaft cardan/Ujoints, blah, blah, and drove her to work yesterday with no issues...so count me in!

Awesome. I end up walking most of the technical stuff so I can take pictures. I'm looking forward to heading out. I am right on your way up. I live in Lakeside.

Pics or it never happened.

so as you may have seen, the monthly run for March is Corral Canyon.
Let's figure out a date and what trails to run.
We have 3 trail choices that i know of which would be good for most of us. Sidewinder, Bronco Peak, and Gunslinger. Sidewinder and bronco peak can be done on 31's with no lockers with a fair amount of effort and maybe one or two tugs. Gunslinger may be best suited for 33's and 1 locker. I was leaning towards Gunslinger and Sidewinder. What do you guys think?
I was planning on leaving out bronco connector on this run, because last time i did it, it was extremely beat up.

Sounds good to me. Last time at the M&G we talked about having the SoCalXJ Jamboree there at the end of the month.

March 23/24?

I am open to camping, although I'm pretty sure everything can be done in a day there.

The only thing I'm not sure on is the new trails on gunslinger. They are supposed to be a bit harder than anything else, besides the connector.

I wouldn't mind running up the backside of Bronco Peak as well.

And actually, these dates exactly.

i cant believe i forgot about that.... we had this big discussion on it. must be all the beer involved.

Back