• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What oil pan fits best?

MaxxXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Last year I bought a dorman to replace the oem one I punctured... Well anyway from day one it gave me fits, the drain plug was messed up from the get go. First time out it leaked, I put a rubber coated washer on it and only tightened the bolt tight enough so it didnt drip well this oil change I went to tighten it and it stripped completely... So I put in a self tapping oil pan bolt in it, that threaded in crooked, so here I sit needing a new pan. What pan do you reccomend?

Last year I bought a dorman to replace the oem one I punctured... Well anyway from day one it gave me fits, the drain plug was messed up from the get go. First time out it leaked, I put a rubber coated washer on it and only tightened the bolt tight enough so it didnt drip well this oil change I went to tighten it and it stripped completely... So I put in a self tapping oil pan bolt in it, that threaded in crooked, so here I sit needing a new pan. What pan do you reccomend?

I heard Harbor Freight has a special on those, all self tapping bolts too and they offer a return policy if you screw them in crooked. :roflmao::moon:

Back