• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OBD II scanner needed

Renegade XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have an OBDII scanner that can scan my wifes 2011 Liberty? It's got a check engine light but I can get a code out of it doing the key cycles, it's just reads -DONE-

Anybody here got one that I can scan her Jeep with?

If you have lap top or smart phone pick up the blue tooth elm237 apparatus from Amazon. Money well spent.
And make sure that the gas cap is tight

Is it no longer free to borrow one from autozone?

Hmmm, I don't know about autozone... I'll call them and check. I asked at O'rielys yesterday and they don't have any thanks for the tip.

EDIT: just called autozone, nope they no longer loan them out I guess. He said its a CA state thing.....??? wtf?

Last edited:
Just looked it up, amazing little tool. I'm gonna order one to have it on hand!

Nice, if you have android phone, the paid version of Torque is worth the few bucks. But you will see for yourself when you get it how amazing it is.

Re: Re: OBD II scanner needed

Nice, if you have android phone, the paid version of Torque is worth the few bucks. But you will see for yourself when you get it how amazing it is.

+1

I use mine as a HUD while jeeping

If the light is on and you do the key thing and "done" comes up on the odometer, then its usually a trans code. Make sure you get one that will read trans codes. Most of the cheap ones won't read trans codes.

I've got an ELM327 and Android tab - so far, running free Torque (which is fun - but I'm an information junkie! OBD-II is better about telling you where to look for a fault, but I prefer raw data...)

Problem is, I'm in San Jose.

You can get basic OBD-II interrogators for <$100 at Sears, also. Not a lot of features, but it will pull codes and reset DTC memory.

Re: Re: OBD II scanner needed

I've got an ELM327 and Android tab - so far, running free Torque (which is fun - but I'm an information junkie! OBD-II is better about telling you where to look for a fault, but I prefer raw data...)

Problem is, I'm in San Jose.

You can get basic OBD-II interrogators for <$100 at Sears, also. Not a lot of features, but it will pull codes and reset DTC memory.

The paid version of torque is worth the few bucks it costs

Back