• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cooling issues

rockthrasherxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok i have searched and searched but cant figure it out. i have a 92 4.0 that the temp doesnt stay steady its been around the 160 ish range with my ir gun to double check the gauge. i have a zj hd fan clutch 193 tstat new coolant new water pump etc. rad is about 3 years old or so. got tired of being cold so i did a heater control valeve delete on it and now its stays at 210 when driving but goes back down to 160 ish when stopped. im stumped any ideas?

i wouldnt worry about it because its not over heating and taking the heater core out gives the coolant less time out of the engine. you mite also have some air in the system. but i really wouldnt worry till it hits that 260 mark

i know that they are designed for that and lower temps really kill gas milage and cause other problems i dont really want. no oil or gunk when coolant was flushed. is there something i could be overlooking?

Back